MaxPo - A Franco-German Center
in the Social Sciences
Strengthening Franco-German research
MaxPo's research investigates how individuals, organizations, and nation-states are coping with the new forms of economic and social instability that have developed in Western societies as a result of policy shifts, the expansion of markets, technological advances, and cultural changes. Located at Sciences Po Paris and cooperating closely with the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) in Cologne, the Center aims to contribute substantially to the social sciences in Europe and to enrich academic and political dialogue between France and Germany.
Visiting fellow research stays
MaxPo SCOOPS, April 21:
New MaxPo Discussion Paper
Sciences Po condemns limiting of freedoms essential for academic work in Hungary
MaxPo actively supports and stands in solidarity with the social sciences, including where these are currently under threat.
- Call for visiting fellow research stays in Paris between September 2017 and June 2018. Apply now!
- MaxPo Newsletter | Spring 2017
MaxPo SCOOPS - April 21
Mary O'Sullivan | University of Geneva
- SASE Newsletter: A guide to socio-economics at Sciences Po
- New publication by Olivier Godechot et al.: Public-privé: le juste salaire?
- New discussion paper by Andreas Eisl: Explaning variation in public debt